Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Monster Turned One


When I found out I was pregnant with my third baby that crisp December morning I was what you might say, less then excited! As a matter of fact I cried, then I went to work and sat next to a co-worker and said "I'm Freaking pregnant! What am I going to do with another baby?"

Flash forward one year and nine months later and here we are singing Happy Birthday to my precious little Monster. Was he planned? NO! Was I ready for baby number three? NO! Would I change things if I could? Absolutely NO!

As I began to rock him to sleep and he reaches out toward his crib I tried to hold on.
I thought about tomorrow... tomorrow I'll let the dishes wait, tomorrow I'll get down on the floor and roll the ball, tomorrow I won't let the things that don't matter become more important than the things that do! So I hold on to the baby I didn't think I was ready for, to the little boy who will grow up to fast and I think...yes tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I could have written this post myself! Or maybe you wrote it for me...My third (a surprise) will be turning 1 in a few weeks. (Big sigh). I'm trying to catalog each little moment of his babyhood.

    ReplyDelete